MEDICAL GRADE PEELS NEWPORT BEACH
Improve and promote healthy vibrant looking skin with medical grade chemical peels at the BioSpa Newport Beach. A proven way to treat skin issues such as acne, sun spots, age spots, melasma, poor skin texture, color and tone. The medical peels we offer at the BioSpa can wipe away years of neglect and sun exposure.
Medical strength chemical peels should only be applied by an experienced aesthetic provider. The team at the BioSpa Newport Beach brings over 25 years of experience in the field of medical aesthetics. Our medical spa is owned and operated by board-certified plastic surgeons Drs Horowitz and Nichter. They have carefully selected their team to ensure the highest level of care for their patients. The BioSpa team consists of two registered nurses, a nurse practitioner and two medical aestheticians.
Our philosophy is that every patient visiting the BioSpa in Newport Beach for a skin issue, receives a complimentary skincare analysis, so we can design a customized skincare plan to ensure they are properly treated.
With so much information available online, it can be confusing to know what procedure is best for your skin issue. Our knowledgeable and experienced team is here to help guide you every step of the way. We will continue to evaluate your skin at each visit to ensure your skin is responding to your medical peel treatment. If any adjustments need to be made to your skincare plan, we will discuss why and what the recommendations are moving forward.
The BioSpa Newport Beach offers medical chemical peels varying in strength from mild to intensive.
Mild Chemical Peels
- BioSpa® Signature Peel – Our exclusive peel is intended for all skin types and requires no-downtime! It includes a thorough cleanse and exfoliating scrub and a fruit-based enzyme masque ( pumpkin) that provides anti-oxidants and the ability to cleanse and tighten pores. 50 minute treatment time.
- ZO® Ultra Hydration Peel – Hydrate and rejuvenate moisture depleted skin. 50 min treatment time.
- ZO® Skin Brightening Peel – Restore skin clarity, reduce pigment spots and discoloration. Increases skin brightness, clarity, and minimizes pore size. 50 minute treatment time.
- ZO® Acne & Oil Control Peel – Minimizes oil production, large pores and inflammation to control acne breakouts. 50 minute treatment time.
- ZO® Stimulator Peel – The perfect “lunch time” peel with no-downtime and only a 30 minute treatment time. This beta/alpha acid spa peel stimulates cellular turnover, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving overall skin tone, texture and clarity without downtime. A great peel to have done every few weeks as part of your skin health maintenance. 30 minute treatment time.
We generally recommend the above peels be done in a series of 3 -6 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart for optimal results.
Moderate Chemical Peels
- Skinceuticals Advanced Corrective Peel
- ZO® 3-Step Stimulation Medical Peel – Ideal for correction of fine lines, large pores, uneven pigmentation, scars and sun damage. Promotes softer, smoother skin Formulated by Dr. Zein Obagi, these proprietary solutions stimulate the growth of healthy skin cells and quickly shed away damaged skin layers. Dramatic improvements are noticeable after a single treatment. 30 minute treatment time. A series of 3 peels spaced out every 3-4 weeks is usually recommended for optimal results. *4-5 days of mild exfoliation similar to a sunburn*
Intensive Chemical Peels and Other Facial Treatments
- ZO® Controlled Depth Blue Peel – Uses TCA 30% (trichloracetic acid) to medically treat skin conditions such as acne, wrinkles, fine lines, skin pigmentation disorders, sun damage, and poor skin texture. Drs Horowitz and Nichter frequently combine the Controlled Depth Blue Peel with the LiftLift™ facelift. Both can be done at the same time and allows the patient to go through just one healing process. Pre-conditioning skin with ZO® Skin Health products before treatment and a specific after-care protocol for up to 7 days will be necessary. 45 minute treatment time. 1 peel is generally needed, however in severe cases a second peel may be necessary. *Up to 2 weeks of downtime* Read more about the Controlled Depth Peel.
- Photodynamic Therapy – Eradicates pre-cancerous cells and skin lesions , improves skin texture, active acne, scarring and can reduce oiliness of sebaceous skin and reduces sebaceous gland hyperplasia. PDT is the process of applying Minolevulanic acid (ALA) or Levulan to the face, which is a naturally occurring substance in the skin. The ALA requires an incubation period of approx. 70 minutes. The ALA is then activated with a blue light for approximately 30 minutes. Total treatment time varies depending on the size of the area being treated and the severity of the condition. Average treatment time 90 minutes. A series of tis usually needed for best result. *4-5 days of downtime*
- Add-On Treatments – can be combined with our medical grade chemical peels or can be a stand alone treatment
- Glycolic Acid 20%-30%
- Lactic Acid 20%-30%
- Salicylic Acid 2%-3%
- Select Medical Grade Masques
- Oxygen Facial
- Dermaplaning – used to help “refinish” the top layers of the skin (upper dermis) through a method of controlled scraping. This method helps to smooth the skin’s appearance, improve the appearance of scars from acne, trauma or surgery, or to smooth out facial lines/wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion – uses a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer.Used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Feel confident about the skin you’re in. Learn more about our customized treatment options when you contact our team at (949) 347-5656.