The GentleMax Pro® is a revolutionary laser hair removal system proven to be effective on men and women of all skin types and hair color. As the name suggests, it is gentle and relatively painless.
All lasers have some discomfort on some level, due to the heat source being used, but the unique thing about GentleMax Pro® is the cooling technology. Before each pulse of heat, there is a patented “Dynamic Cooling Device®” (DCD®) used to cool the area being treated. The DCD® sprays a cooling burst of cryogen on the skin to ensure the treatment is not only effective but comfortable.
BioSpa was my first medical spa experience and I have to say that it was a great one! I was referred by a friend to go to this medical spa because she has always been raving about the great experience and results. The staff is very polite and helpful, answering any questions I had.
The GentleMax Pro can be used for all skin types and shades for laser hair removal, as well as pigmented and vascular lesions. It is a dual wavelength laser system that combines the fastest and most powerful 755 nm Alexandrite laser with the 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser for high performance treatment capabilities in terms of speed, efficacy, ease-of-use, outstanding performance, safety and patient satisfaction. It also has a patented Dynamic Cooling Device®, which reduces discomfort from the laser pulses during treatment.
- It’s quick – a larger area can be treated with GMP -this one is 5mm—which means treatment time is faster. Our BioSpa laser hair removal technicians can use less pulses per treatment area.
- The 3 L’s – since larger areas can be treated with each pulse this means – less pulses, less discomfort and less time.
- Fewer treatment sessions – older technology lasers required those with darker skin tones or coarse hair to have more treatments to be effective. In many cases, the overall result was last than ideal. With the GentleMax Pro, typically 4-6 sessions are needed spaced 6 weeks apart.
- Worth the cost – the cost for a series of 6 sessions ranges between $1,500-$4,000 depending on the area/s. Full legs and back will cost more than let’s say face or underarms. If you add up the cost of razors, shaving cream, waxing kits, hair removal creams or salon waxing, along with the pain endured each time, over a lifetime you will find laser hair removal to be well worth the investment.
- GMP works great on men – Orange County men with dark skin and/or coarse hair almost always complain about annoying ingrown hairs and razor burn. Using the GentleMax Pro on the face and neck will prevent those pesky breakouts. And, let’s not forget about excessive hair on the back, chest or shoulders. All of these areas can be effectively treated in fewer sessions at our Newport Beach medical spa than other medical spas who use older technology.
Laser hair removal takes a series of treatments to obtain maximum results. Hair growth is reduced after each treatment and the number of treatments required will be based on your hair color and type, body area and skin tone. A treatment plan will outlined by our laser specialist.
Avoid sun exposure to the area being treated for at last 2 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, plan your laser hair removal during a time that your skin is not tanned. The winter season is ideal time of year for most individuals living in Orange County. Do not bleach, pluck or wax 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatment. Wait until your tan fades before beginning treatment.
Your total appointment time will vary depending on how many areas are being treated. Plan on being at our office for one hour unless informed otherwise by our laser specialist. Your skin may be slightly red immediately following treatment. This can last from a few minutes to several hours.
You can immediately resume your regular daily activities, however it is important to keep the treated area out of the sun for one week. Be sure to schedule your next session before leaving our office.
Learn more by calling our Newport Beach medical spa team at (949) 347-5656.