Shabi, the BioSpa manager shares her staff tip for the month of March.
“Just because it isn’t summer doesn’t not mean you can pass on your sunscreen. It is important to apply every day, year round. Think of it like applying a moisturizer after you wash your face in the morning. In fact, you can blend your sunscreen w/ your moisturizer and apply it as one product instead of two!”
Although this advice might seem like a no brainer, it is shocking how many people simply do not apply sunscreen on a regular basis throughout the year. In fact, the American Society of Cancer published anarticle in June 2015, which stated if rates of melanoma continue to increase at the current pace, 112,000 new cases will be diagnosed in 2030, according to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Melanoma is a dangerous type of skin cancer that can spread to other parts of the body if not caught early. Anarticle published by the Skin Cancer Foundation reports a study in the Archives of Dermatology revealed that more than two million people in the US develop over 3.5 million non-melanoma skin cancers every year. This constitutes a more than 300 percent increase in skin cancer incidence since 1994, when rates were last estimated. To ensure you protect your skin with a high quality product, Shabi recommends her favorite product – ZO® Skin Health Oclipse® Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30. It is the perfect combination of UVA/UVB sunscreen and primer so your makeup goes on even & smooth.
Multiple defense sun protection system that provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB
defense with a universal tint and a silky matte finish.
- Exclusive 12-hour time-release antioxidant complex guards against photodamage
- Provides daily multi-defense protection from UVA, UVB and high-energy visible (HEV) light
- Can be used alone or worn under makeup for a more even, long-lasting application
- Helps to smooth the skin and diminish the appearance of fine lines
Directions: To prevent sun damage and reduce photoaging, apply 2-3 pumps evenly to
face and neck 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply at least every 2 hours. Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating. Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
- Titanium dioxide (10.2%) and zinc oxide (3.7%): Provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
- Natural melanin: Natural photo-protective compounds and free radical quenchers.
- Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.
- Silicones: Primes the skin to provide a soft, silky finish before makeup application.
ZO Oclipse® Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 can be purchased at the BioSpa in Newport Beach. Orders can be taken in person or over the phone. To place an order over the phone to be shipped directly to you, please call (949) 203-3841